Security in Uncertain Times
March 3, 2022
In times of uncertainty, one thing you can always count on is the safety of your money at Kish Bank.
Uncertain times are exactly when you want the certainty and dependability of a bank.
- When you deposit your money at Kish Bank, you get the peace of mind of knowing your funds are secure and insured by the government (FDIC).
- You are at much greater risk of loss and a higher profile target by removing money from the banking system and keeping it at home.
- The safest place for your money is in the bank, where it is FDIC-insured and accessible. Kish’s Digital Tools allow you to pay bills, make deposits, and send payments from anywhere, anytime.
The financial services industry is the gold standard of cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity is a top priority for banks.
- Banks have the highest level of security and the most stringent regulatory requirements of all critical U.S. industries.
- Our industry works with the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of the Treasury, and the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center to ensure the security and resiliency of the banking system.
It’s important to stay alert to potential misinformation/disinformation, especially online.
- Rely on trusted sources
For updates, rely on reputable sources and official websites such as the White House, the Department of the Treasury, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Think before you link
Check your sources before sharing content you see online. Some of the most damaging misinformation spreads rapidly via shared posts.
- Be careful what you post
The information you share online can be misused or manipulated. Agents of disinformation often steal identities, profile photos, and other info. Do a privacy check on your social media accounts and be extra careful of who your content is shared with.
- Be wary of manipulative content
Agents of disinformation often create or repurpose emotional videos and photos, and use sensational terms to divide us. Be especially careful of content that attempts to make people angry or sad or create division.
Our customers’ trust is Kish Bank’s most valuable asset. For more information on ways you can protect your accounts and information, please see our How to Protect Yourself resources.