PA Forward Graduate Loan
A Graduate Loan through PHEAA’s PA Forward Student Loan Program is a loan designed specifically for students seeking an advanced degree such as masters, doctoral, law, health profession, or others. This loan is meant for Pennsylvania residents attending an approved school in or out of state, or students from an approved state (DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, VA, and WV) attending an approved PA school.
Key Features Arrow pointing Down
- No fees
- Low fixed interest rates
- Multiple repayment options
- Potential interest rate rewards
Product Details Arrow pointing Down
Through the PA Forward Student Loan Program, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) offers private student loan options to enable Pennsylvania students to pursue their higher education dreams and to make managing their loans easier and more convenient. You can even borrow up to 100% of the certified cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room & board, books, etc.) up to the aggregate limit of $300,000 (Undergrad and Grad combined total).
Eligibility Arrow pointing Down
The PA Forward Student Loan Program is designed specifically for students who are enrolled or who plan to be enrolled in a degree, certificate, or diploma granting program. These loans are meant for:
- PA residents attending an approved school in or out of PA
- Students from an approved state (DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, VA, and WV) attending an approved PA school
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens of the U.S.
- Borrowers and/or co-signers who meet the minimum credit requirements
Co-Signer Information Arrow pointing Down
The PA Forward Student Loan Program does not require you to have a co-signer unless you have not met the age of majority based on the law of your state of residence, or you do not meet the minimum credit requirements. However, you may benefit from a creditworthy co-signer. Having a co-signer may increase your chances that the loan will be approved and may get you a better interest rate.
Before You Apply Arrow pointing Down
Qualifying for a PA Forward Graduate Loan
PHEAA uses credit score, employment history, monthly debt payments, and income among other factors when considering whether or not to approve your application. The PA Forward Student Loan Program does not require you to have a co-signer unless you have not met the age of majority based on the law of your state of residence, or you do not meet the minimum credit requirements. Having a co-signer may increase the likelihood that the loan will be approved and could potentially result in you receiving a better interest rate.
The Borrowing Process
Our objective is to make the borrowing process simple and straightforward. To apply for a PHEAA Graduate Loan, you will want to have the following information available when you apply online:
- Name, address, and telephone number
- Date of birth and Social Security Number
- Email address
- Name and location of school you are or plan on attending
- Annual income
- Grade level and anticipated graduation date
- Academic period for which you would like to receive the loan
- Co-signer’s name and email address (if applicable)
- Mobile phone to receive one-time passcode for electronic signature