Switch to Kish
Ready to move your accounts to Kish Bank?
We’re ready to help you!
Switching from one bank to another doesn’t have to be complicated. At Kish, our friendly, expert bankers will assist you every step of the way for a smooth, stress-free transition.
Use the guide below to gather information you may need for the account opening process. Then stop in to any Kish location, where one of our Personal Bankers can help you determine which checking or savings account is best for you, or get you started right away with the account you want.
What do I need to open a Kish Bank account?
To open a Kish Bank account, you will need the following pieces of identifying information:
- Valid, non-temporary PA driver’s license with photo, or non-temporary PA state identification card with photo*
- Social Security number*
- Date of birth
- Residential street address
- Occupation and employer’s name
Additional identification may be required. If you wish to open a joint account, the account co-owner should be present and have the same information readily available.
*If you have none, please contact your local branch for alternatives.
How do I close my current account?
Once you have made sure all checks have cleared and that there is no more activity on the account you are closing, one of our Personal Bankers will help you close the account.
Be sure to bring the following information:
- Name and address of current financial institution
- Most recent bank statement
- One current check (or routing and account numbers)
- A list of outstanding checks, payments, and deposits from your checkbook or savings register
How do I set up direct deposits to my account?
A Personal Banker will assist you in transferring direct deposits to your new account. Bring us a list of any direct deposit vendors that you may have, including:
- Payroll deposits from your employer (if possible, bring a copy of your employee direct deposit form)
- Social Security or other government deposits
- CD interest payments
- Life insurance premiums
- Child support deposits, etc.
How do I set up automatic payments from my account?
If you have any automatic payments set up that are withdrawn regularly from the account you are closing, a Personal Banker can help you set up Bill Pay in Kish Digital Banking to start making these payments seamlessly from your Kish account.
Please bring the following with you:
- Your last three bank statements (these should have most of your automatic payments listed)
- The most recent bill associated with each of your automatic payments
Automatic payments may include things like gas, electric, phone, water, cable, internet, cellular, mortgages or loans, child support, insurance, and credit cards.
Once you have gathered the information on this checklist, you are ready to open your new account(s)!
At Kish Bank, you’ll enjoy the personal attention and quality service of a community bank, with the innovative and competitive products and services of a growing, forward-thinking financial institution.
Our client-focused approach is how Kish Bank has remained a strong and reputable institution in our region for over 100 years, and we will always maintain our unwavering focus on you.